Sunday, January 26, 2014

4 in 14 January - Project

Recently we have been painting our entire house. If you know me at all you would be aware that having a room one solid color is simply unacceptable. There are at least 5 colors in the living room alone. As you can imagine, this leads to a lot of paint cans in the garage. Because I use different shades on opposite walls, it can sometimes be confusing to keep track.
On a separate note, I was cleaning out my craft area and found chipboard books that I picked up at Michael's on clearance.
Twenty Five Cents
That gave me the idea to make a portable little sample book. I kept it pretty basic. On each page of the little flip book I put the sample from the paint store. 


I wrote the location in the house where each paint was used. I like that this can easily fit in my purse to go to any home decor store I might be visiting and want to coordinate things with. Just to be sure I have the correct matching colors I added the paint labels to the back of each page. 
When buying paint, simply ask the employee to print you an extra sticker. This is especially helpful if you are having them make you a paint that is a custom color match to an item you brought in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment